Porters Lake Physiotherapy - pt Health
5228 Hwy #7, Porters Lake, Nova Scotia B3E 1J8
Melt Away Stress, Tension, & Pain | Porters Lake Massage
Relaxation Massage - Trigger Point Therapy - Deep Tissue - Myofascial Release
At pt Health Porters Lake, your well being is our primary concern! Our experienced Registered Massage Therapists provide immediate and long term relief from the discomfort associated with everyday stress, injury, and pain. At pt Health you can expect:
- A choice of therapeutic massage types. View Types
- Personalized treatment for stress and a number of painful conditions. View Conditions.
- Easy payments. Covered by most group benefit plans & direct billing. View Options
- Experienced & Registered Porters Lake Massage Therapists. View Team
- Flexible scheduling. We do our best to work around your busy schedule
- Quick access & a convenient Porters Lake location.
Our Approach to Massage Therapy
Our thorough approach to massage therapy involves gentle hands-on manipulation of the soft tissues of your body combined with a therapeutic focus which includes your muscles, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments and joints. Our Registered Massage Therapists gently manipulate your tired muscles and other soft tissues of the body with varying degrees of pressure and movement to soothe aching muscles and provide much needed relief.
We all know a massage feels great, but it can also really help relieve pain and tension. If done soon enough after an accident involving trauma or significant injury, massage can also greatly reduce the development of painful muscular patterning and chronic pain.
Call or email us today to schedule your appointment at our convenient location.
Experience a Well Rounded Approach to Massage Therapy
At pt Health Porters Lake, our Registered Massage Therapists use a number of massage styles to help you get well and stay well. These therapeutic massage services include:
Trigger Point Therapy:
- Relieves tight areas deep within muscle tissue known to cause pain
- Cycles isolated pressure and release patterning
- Naturally manages pain associated with tension and chronic injuries
Deep Tissue Massage:
- Helps to release muscle tension
- Loosens scar tissue and aims to gently lengthen muscles
- Ideal for chronic and overuse injuries
Relaxation / Swedish Massage:
- Very relaxing, this therapeutic approach is often light to medium pressure
- Encourages circulation and lymph movement
- Wonderful for stress-related conditions and chronic pain
- Improves muscle flexibility which may reduce the risk of injury
- Enhances endurance
- Reduces post-workout recovery time
- And Just feels great...
Find your health solution with a pt Health Massage Therapist. Consider booking your appointment at one of our Porters Lake office today.
Health Benefits of Massage for All Ages
There are many reasons to consider pt Health massage therapy as a component of your holistic wellness plan. Massage can have immediate and long term benefits for people from all walks of life – athletes, office workers, pregnant women and those suffering from stress. Massage therapy is also shown to have notable benefits in patients who just had surgery, who are recovering from burns, or suffering from musculoskeletal conditions.
If you experience any of the conditions listed below, pt Health massage treatments may be right for you:
- Ankle - Sprain/Strain
- Shin Splints
- Tendon Problems
- Arthritis - (Osteo)
- Joint Pain
- Back Pain - Low, Mid, Upper
- Car Accident Injuries (MVA)
- Chronic or Acute Muscle Pain
- Elbow Conditions - Tennis Elbow, Golfers Elbow
- Foot -Plantar Fasciitis
- Achilles Tendon Problems
- General Strains / Sprains
- Hand Injuries: Trigger Finger and Dupuytren's Contracture
- Headaches: Migraine headaches and Tension Headaches
- Knee Injury - Patellar Tendonitis, IT Band Issues, among Others
- Neck Pain - Strain, Whiplash, among others
- Overuse Injuries - Cumulative trauma disorder (CTD)
- Sciatica - Piriformis Syndrome
- Shoulder Pain - Adhesive Capsulitis, Rotator Cuff Injury, Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, Instability
- Sleeping Disorders
- Sports Related Injuries and Overuse Stress and Fatigue
- TMJ: TemporoMandibular Joint Dysfunction
- Work Related Injuries
- Massage therapy has also been proven in a number of research studies to:
- Decrease heart rate
- Reduce blood pressure
- Enhance circulation
- Relax muscles
- Improve flexibility
- Promote better range of motion
- Produce beneficial endorphins.
There is a continued flow of research that supports the numerous benefits of touch so no matter the reason you seek massage therapy – for stress relief, pain management, or simply a luxurious treat after a day’s work – the benefits are multiplied many times over if you go to regular and scheduled massage therapy sessions.
We invite you to schedule your massage appointment today. We offer a convenient location in Porters Lake.
Accessible and Affordable Massage Therapy For Porters Lake Residents
We Take Care of The Paperwork So You Don't Have To
At pt Health we believe your health should come first. We take care of the paperwork whenever possible so you can focus on feeling better. Depending on your plan we may be able to offer direct insurance billing, saving you time and up-front costs. If you have a dental plan, chances are you also have coverage.
Not sure if you're covered? No problem. We can help you find out. Just give us a call. We currently accept:
- All Third Party Insurance
- Extended Health Benefits
- Motor Vehicle Accident Insurance
- Personal Cheque
- All Major Credit Cards
Extended Health Plans / Benefits
pt Health massage therapy services are covered by most health care insurance plans. If you are claiming through your extended health care carrier or work plan, we may be able to bill directly on your behalf. Direct billing allows you to receive treatments without paying for your therapy sessions up front reducing or even eliminating out of pocket fees.
Motor Vehicle Accident Massage Coverage for Porters Lake Residents
If you have extended health care benefits that cover massage therapy, most auto insurance companies require that your claim be placed through your extended health plan first. Any remaining balances for services are then covered by your auto accident insurance plan. On your first visit, you may be asked to provide information about your extend health plan. If you do not have an extended health care benefits which covers therapy, your treatments may be billed directly through your auto accident insurance company.
Check out our brand new location in Porters Lake. We invite you to call or email us to book your massage appointment today.
Tanya Murphy, Registered Massage Therapist (RMT)
Tanya Murphy, a resident of the eastern shore, is a member of the Registered Massage Therapy Association of Nova Scotia (MTANS). She graduated from Northumberland College of Massage Therapy in 2009. She has clinical experience in Myo-Fascial Release, Joint Mobilizatioin, Sports and Suikodo Massage. Tanya comes to us after spending three years working in a multi-disciplinary environment in Dartmouth. She has had excellent results in working with thoracic outlet syndrome, headaches, tendonitis, motor vehicle related injuries and work related conditions. Tanya enjoys hiking, camping, swimming and spending time with her son.