Occupational Therapist job in Chatham
Full-Time — Chatham, OntarioApply Now
Chatham Physiotherapy is looking to hire a Part-Time or Full-Time Occupational Therapist to join our collaborative team! Full time includes health & dental benefits, a competitive GUARANTEED annual salary, and a continuing education allowance for professional development.
We are seeking an Occupational Therapist with 2+ years’ experience assessing and treating clients within an occupational rehabilitation setting, preferably with experience in completing FCE’s and CAE’s.
You will work alongside other health care professionals to rehabilitate individuals who have sustained complex work-related injuries.This is an opportunity to be a member of an exciting, truly interdisciplinary network supporting the assessment and treatment of individuals with complex injuries in Ontario!
Key Accountabilities include:
· Opportunity to work collaboratively with community Neurologists, Psychiatrists and Psychologists
· Interdisciplinary assessments and treatment planning for individuals with musculoskeletal, neurological, cognitive and/or psychological conditions
· Performance of Functional Capacity Evaluations and Cognitive Abilities Evaluations
· Provision of services within an interdisciplinary team environment relating to any of all of physical impairments, mental health and cognitive concerns
· Ongoing evaluation of client progress and contribution to team reporting
· Attendance and participation in weekly case conferences with the interdisciplinary team
· Working cooperatively with clients, treatment team and third party funders to achieve specific objective and measurable goals
· Communicating with appropriate referral sources and stakeholders
· Job demands analyses (physical and cognitive-behavioural)
· Pre-employment assessments, job coaching and return to work planning
· Ergonomic assessments
· Registration and in good standing with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
· Minimum 2 years as a Registered Occupational Therapist with relevant industry experience
· Keen interest in assessment and management of clients with various physical conditions, mental health challenges and co-morbidities
· Experience in assessment and treatment of injured workers; development, implementation and monitoring of return to work programming (occupational rehabilitation)
· Hold a valid driver’s license and have access to a reliable vehicle
We offer our occupational therapists:
- Competitive Employee and Contractor rates
- Professional development opportunities
- Generous education allowances
- An abundance of cross-referrals
- We have fun – it’s even one of our core values!
Terms: Part-Time or Full-Time hours available
pt Health I 25 Years of Exceptional Care I Great Place to Work Certified
pt Health accommodates the individual needs of applicants with disabilities within the recruitment process. Please call us at 1 (866) 872-0587 or email us if you require accommodation to ensure your equal participation in the recruitment and selection process.
When the first pt Health clinic opened in Ontario in 1993, it was founded with a clear vision for the future. Even from the very start, we wanted to be a company that valued inspiration, communication, working together, and never being satisfied with the status quo. We wanted to be a place where patients came to get well and stay well. And we wanted to be an inspiration to ourselves as well as others.
Now, with over 100 clinics across Canada, we're living that dream. Our multidisciplinary approach to patient care means our clinicians communicate and work together collaboratively, learning from and teaching each other throughout their careers. We support each other as we grow and learn and expand pt Health HR Website 2 our skills both as clinicians and as people.
Our vision? We not only want to change the lives of our patients, we want to change the face of healthcare in Canada.
We believe that a clear, value-based vision for our company is what sets us apart and makes pt Health a unique place for you to build your career. Our 5 core values are what shape the growth and direction of our company and guide us every day.
Learn and Inspire
Continuous learning and inspiring others through mentorship
At pt Health, we believe you should never stop learning. Whether you are a recent graduate, new to pt Health, or want to enhance your skill set, pt Health wants to you to have the opportunity to reach the goals you set for yourself during your career. This can be demonstrated through continuous learning and development through additional programs and courses specific to your role, or the pt Health online training centre for independent study and position specific training. Most importantly, working in our collaborative clinic model allows you to both inspire and be inspired. We know that constant learning means that we will always be able to provide our patients with the best level of care possible.
Open and Honest Communications
Transparency and truth in continuous dialogue
We believe it is paramount that we all communicate and stay connected to what is happening with pt Health as a company. How do we make this happen? First, company information is distributed online and via e-mail to keep you up to date with helpful announcements. We conduct bi-annual employee surveys to collect feedback from our teams and then use that feedback to help guide our company activities and new employee programs. We also support communication via our online training centre and issue weekly newsletters that highlight new hires, openings, promotions, contests, and clinic updates. Finally, in what we like to call our quarterly Town Hall meetings, we keep all employees aware of business strategies, company programs, activities, and awards.
All Hands In
Total team unity and strength by working together
It’s very common to hear pt Health team members say they have each other’s back. That’s because there is a supportive team dynamic at every level of our company. We believe that a unity of purpose brings strength and focus to a team. This connectedness of our clinic and corporate teams drives our business to grow together and succeed together. . We know that if we focus on a goal as a team, we’ll reach uncommon results. This philosophy helps both our patients and employees achieve their objectives at the highest level possible. Whatever goals we set, whatever dreams we have, we will reach them together.
The Extra Mile
Striving to go above and beyond
We’re not satisfied with just being good…we believe in being extraordinary. Our clinicians are constantly striving to improve their clinical skills to make sure pt Health patients get the best care available. From the moment a patient calls our Patient Care Centre, we do everything we can to give each patient an ideal customer service experience. That means ensuring that our processes are efficient, listening to our team members and patients, making our clinics warm and welcoming spaces, and going out of our way to give patients every option to get well and stay well. Every day, we listen to the feedback from our team because their experiences help us to do everything possible to be better than we were the day before. A culture that elicits and respects feedback means that we constantly raise the bar in performance professionally and for our customers.
Our goal is to make a difference in the lives of every single patient who comes to a pt Health clinic. As a company, we also want to make the same kind of positive impact in the lives of our employees. Within our collaborative model, our clinicians treat a wide range of injuries, commit to helping patients manage chronic conditions, and dedicate themselves to making sure our patients are on the road to recovery. We never stop learning from each other, improving our clinical skills, and we support each other as we strive to continually improve patient outcomes.
As a company, pt Health supports our employees by providing an extended benefits package, mentorship opportunities, a continuing education allowance, and the ability to move into management and leadership positions. We know you are committed to the well-being of your patients. For our part, we are committed to your well-being as a pt Health employee.
Which track are you?
Clinical Track — be an respected clinical leader in the company as a trusted resource
Management Track — progress to being a manager of a clinic team or even a group of clinics