Administrative Team Trainer
Highgate Health (ATT) — Burnaby, British ColumbiaApply Now
Administrative Team Leader/Trainer
Reporting to the Regional Director, you will be accountable for managing a variety of administrative functions such as managing schedules, assisting CTM’s and leading Patient Coordinators (PCs) with administrative tasks to support workflow and processes, working with many different departments and teams, and other duties as determined from time to time. You will also be accountable for setting up and delivering both on and off-site training for PCs in British Columbia pt Health clinics. This will include new PCs as well as existing PCs with identified knowledge gaps. There is a heavy organizational component to the role along with a high sense of urgency, professionalism, initiative, judgement and confidentiality.
The successful candidate will be a natural teacher and strong communicator with a passion for training and education. Experience delivering training on customer service and technology is advantageous as is experience with adult learning principals. You’re comfortable training in person and remotely, and are equally effective at both. As an Administrative Lead, you will demonstrate a strong ability to empathize with our team members and be an active listener. You may consider yourself a mix of Mary Poppins and your favourite childhood teacher.
- Assist in reviewing, revising and/or developing PC training resources
- Formulating plan and follow through with training to address new and existing patient coordinator knowledge gaps
- Screening candidates (PCs) and setting up interviews
- Assisting with hiring/on-boarding processes for new PCs
- Set up, monitor and provide in person and/or remote training for new PCs (will require travel, expenses reimbursed as per policy)
- Data collection and market analysis
- Assisting with managing Payroll, including ensuring accuracy, communications and meeting deadlines
- Assisting with processing team status changes and deactivations as necessary
- Coordinating Vacation coverage to ensure adequate coverage and business continuity
- Act as a Clinic Server Resource and support administrative activities as required such as End of Day (EOD) and billing
- Attend regular CTM huddles with RD as required
- Attend and lead weekly huddle with PC’s to focus on metrics (EOD, billing, AR) and act as a lead resource for support to administrative functions
- Assist the RD and CTM’s with projects as assigned, managing priorities and ensuring good relationships with all stakeholders through effective communication
- All other duties as required
The Successful Candidate must have:
- Strong written and verbal communication, with the ability to communicate and build relationships with individuals at all levels of the business.
- Willing to Travel and be onsite for clinics that require assistance
- Thrives in a busy, fast paced environment and remains calm under pressure.
- Good team player who is adaptable to a changing environment.
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions, whether with stakeholders or colleagues.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to set and track deadlines and ensure follow through on commitments;
- Dedicated to quality and timeliness of results
- Able to prioritize multiple priorities, take initiative, and plan ahead
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with a high level of personal integrity
- Experience giving presentations and delivering training with best practices
- Quick thinking, never too busy to help, with a good sense of humour.
- Knowledge of InnoCare Software and pt Health clinic policies and procedures are an asset
- 3-5 years’ experience in a pt Health Patient Coordinator role or equivalent experience;
- Post-secondary education is preferred but not required
- Strong knowledge of PC based applications (ie. MS Office Suite – Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Location: various clinics in the Greater Vancouver Area
Term: One year Maternity leave contract
To apply for this opportunity, please click the “Apply Button”
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, pt Health accommodates the individual needs of applicants with disabilities within the recruitment process. Please call us at 1 (866) 872-0587 or email us if you require accommodation to ensure your equal participation in the recruitment and selection process.
When the first pt Health clinic opened in Ontario in 1993, it was founded with a clear vision for the future. Even from the very start, we wanted to be a company that valued inspiration, communication, working together, and never being satisfied with the status quo. We wanted to be a place where patients came to get well and stay well. And we wanted to be an inspiration to ourselves as well as others.
Now, with over 100 clinics across Canada, we're living that dream. Our multidisciplinary approach to patient care means our clinicians communicate and work together collaboratively, learning from and teaching each other throughout their careers. We support each other as we grow and learn and expand pt Health HR Website 2 our skills both as clinicians and as people.
Our vision? We not only want to change the lives of our patients, we want to change the face of healthcare in Canada.
We believe that a clear, value-based vision for our company is what sets us apart and makes pt Health a unique place for you to build your career. Our 5 core values are what shape the growth and direction of our company and guide us every day.
Learn and Inspire
Continuous learning and inspiring others through mentorship
At pt Health, we believe you should never stop learning. Whether you are a recent graduate, new to pt Health, or want to enhance your skill set, pt Health wants to you to have the opportunity to reach the goals you set for yourself during your career. This can be demonstrated through continuous learning and development through additional programs and courses specific to your role, or the pt Health online training centre for independent study and position specific training. Most importantly, working in our collaborative clinic model allows you to both inspire and be inspired. We know that constant learning means that we will always be able to provide our patients with the best level of care possible.
Open and Honest Communications
Transparency and truth in continuous dialogue
We believe it is paramount that we all communicate and stay connected to what is happening with pt Health as a company. How do we make this happen? First, company information is distributed online and via e-mail to keep you up to date with helpful announcements. We conduct bi-annual employee surveys to collect feedback from our teams and then use that feedback to help guide our company activities and new employee programs. We also support communication via our online training centre and issue weekly newsletters that highlight new hires, openings, promotions, contests, and clinic updates. Finally, in what we like to call our quarterly Town Hall meetings, we keep all employees aware of business strategies, company programs, activities, and awards.
All Hands In
Total team unity and strength by working together
It’s very common to hear pt Health team members say they have each other’s back. That’s because there is a supportive team dynamic at every level of our company. We believe that a unity of purpose brings strength and focus to a team. This connectedness of our clinic and corporate teams drives our business to grow together and succeed together. . We know that if we focus on a goal as a team, we’ll reach uncommon results. This philosophy helps both our patients and employees achieve their objectives at the highest level possible. Whatever goals we set, whatever dreams we have, we will reach them together.
The Extra Mile
Striving to go above and beyond
We’re not satisfied with just being good…we believe in being extraordinary. Our clinicians are constantly striving to improve their clinical skills to make sure pt Health patients get the best care available. From the moment a patient calls our Patient Care Centre, we do everything we can to give each patient an ideal customer service experience. That means ensuring that our processes are efficient, listening to our team members and patients, making our clinics warm and welcoming spaces, and going out of our way to give patients every option to get well and stay well. Every day, we listen to the feedback from our team because their experiences help us to do everything possible to be better than we were the day before. A culture that elicits and respects feedback means that we constantly raise the bar in performance professionally and for our customers.
Our goal is to make a difference in the lives of every single patient who comes to a pt Health clinic. As a company, we also want to make the same kind of positive impact in the lives of our employees. Within our collaborative model, our clinicians treat a wide range of injuries, commit to helping patients manage chronic conditions, and dedicate themselves to making sure our patients are on the road to recovery. We never stop learning from each other, improving our clinical skills, and we support each other as we strive to continually improve patient outcomes.
As a company, pt Health supports our employees by providing an extended benefits package, mentorship opportunities, a continuing education allowance, and the ability to move into management and leadership positions. We know you are committed to the well-being of your patients. For our part, we are committed to your well-being as a pt Health employee.
Which track are you?
Clinical Track — be an respected clinical leader in the company as a trusted resource
Management Track — progress to being a manager of a clinic team or even a group of clinics
Aron Brant – Physiotherapy Graduate
“When I graduated, I never thought it would be possible to be in the position I am in today. pt Health has given me more opportunities than I could have imagined.
I am a clinic partner now and looking to complete my levels. I could not be happier with the state of my professional career. Thanks pt Health!”
Farah Mawani – Physiotherapy Graduate
“I have learned a great deal working with pt Health, clinically and professionally. The support you receive and the mentoring that is available is unparalleled to anything I have experienced. I think I’ll be sticking with this company for a long time to come.”