Are you or a loved one still feeling the long term effects of COVID-19? Whether you are struggling with fatigue, weakness, balance issues, brain fog, or other lasting symptoms, we are here to help.
* Note, this program is not for patients actively infected and/or with active symptoms of COVID-19.
What is the Post COVID-19 Rehabilitation and Recovery Program?
COVID-19 is unlike any other illness we’ve experienced. As we recognize those that have experienced this illness often face log-term symptom, Lifemark has developed a new program to meet the emerging needs of Canadians called the Post COVID-19 Rehabilitation and Recovery Program.
The program was developed for individuals who had contracted the virus and continue to feel the physical and mental effects of this critical illness. The program addresses both the current and long-term needs of those affected by the pandemic.
The program was developed in collaboration with leading healthcare professionals across the country and reflects the most current research on the topic. Both rehabilitation and recovery services are available in-person or virtually.
What are the symptoms of long COVID?
– Brain fog / difficulty with memory and concentration
– Muscle weakness/ joint pain
– Shortness of breath / breathing challenges
– Chest pain / heart complications
– Headaches / balance issues
– Mood changes and other mental health challenges
How does it work?
Over 15 disciplines, from physiotherapists and occupational therapists, to registered nurses and dieticians, are trained on the latest COVID-19 research and clinical best practices. Our multi-disciplinary approach to assessment and treatment is designed to help you recover as quickly and safely as possible.
Our team collaborates together and with doctors and other specialists (with your consent) to ensure you receive the treatment you need. Your treatment plan may include a combination of approaches such as physical exercise, manual therapy, vestibular therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, education and more.
While exercise can often help, we recognize it is not a medicine for all (especially those with ME/CFS, Post-Viral Fatigue Syndrone, and more) and it would only be included if deemed safe and appropriate.
How can it help me?
As every situation is unique, we tailor our care to meet your needs. We can help address the physical symptoms, which may include extreme physical deconditioning, reduced respiratory capacity, impaired cardiac function and difficulty swallowing, in addition to psychosocial impacts like stress and cognitive issues such as confusion.
What can I expect at my initial appointment?
At your initial appointment your clinician will discuss any medical history that relates to your condition, so please bring details of any health problems and past treatments.
As well, an assessment will be conducted on the area or areas where you are experiencing discomfort. Please wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing that will allow the area to be evaluated.
- pt Health – Bright’s Grove Physiotherapy
- pt Health – Petrolia Physiotherapy
- pt Health – Springbank Physiotherapy
- pt Health – Stratford Physiotherapy
- pt Health – Tavistock Physiotherapy
- pt Health – Old North Physiotherapy
- pt Health – Chatham Physiotherapy
- pt Health – Hagersville Physiotherapy
- pt Health – Mountain Physiotherapy
- pt Health – Thorold Physiotherapy
- pt Health – Victoria Physiotherapy
- pt Health – Dunnville Physiotherapy
- pt Health – Fairview Physiotherapy
- pt Health – Limeridge Physiotherapy
- pt Health – Queenston Physiotherapy
- pt Health – Stoney Creek Physiotherapy
- pt Health – Four Seasons Physiotherapy
- pt Health – Broadview Physiotherapy
- pt Health – ProActive Physiotherapy